Now, while the temperatures are still mild, we recommend taking these three simple steps to check your air conditioning system.
Step 1: Check Your Filter (Indoor Unit)
Visually inspect your filter(s)
If you use disposable air filters, you should replace them if:
- The filter was last replaced three months ago or longer
- The filter is clogged with dirt and dust, obstructing airflow
You can purchase a new filter at a local retailer, or click here to order them through our partner, Second Nature, and have them shipped directly to your door.
If you have a whole house air cleaner, please follow all manufacturer cleaning recommendations.
Step 2: Check Your Outside Air Conditioning Unit
Ensure your outside unit is unobstructed by vegetation such as leaves, shrubs, etc. Gently remove any debris from around the system.
Step 3: Briefly Turn On Your A/C System
Make sure your A/C system is blowing cool air with these three steps:
1. Adjust the thermostat to the “cool” mode
2. Set the temperature to 60 degrees (this turns the AC system on)
3. Wait 10 minutes, then check to see if:
– Cool air is coming from the vents on each floor of the house
– The outside unit is running
When you’re done, return the thermostat to its previous or original setting.
If your system is not blowing cool air after 10 minutes, please contact a Constellation Home care representative for assistance at 1-888-243-4663.