As wonderful as our home appliances are, eventually they break down. When the refrigerator isn’t cooling, the dryer isn’t spinning, or the AC isn’t blowing, should you call for repairs or try to fix the problem yourself? Check out the following tips to help you decide.
- Troubleshooting the Problem. The reason home appliances stop working might actually be very simple. The first place to start is consulting the owner’s manual for the troubleshooting section. Of course, we don’t often save our owner’s manuals. Just check the manufacturer’s website or try a website like consumerreports.com.
- Follow the Recommendations. If your problem matches the troubleshooting guide, follow the recommendations provided. Newer equipment and appliances often provide error codes to help make the process easier.
- Call a Service Professional. If the recommendations don’t match your problem, or you think the repair is out of your comfort level, call a professional technician. Buying a new appliance may cost thousands of dollars, so making a service call for a proper diagnosis and accurate estimate is a smart way to go.
For specific DIY tips, click on the corresponding home equipment:
- Heating & Cooling: Your HVAC system is the largest energy user in your home. Look for preventive maintenance tips.
- Water Heaters: Look for helpful tips to extend the life of your water heater.
- Plumbing: There are dozens of plumbing problems you could encounter. Find out if there’s an easy fix.
- Electrical & Generators: Electrical devices can be dangerous. Look for important safety tips.
- Kitchen & Laundry Appliances: Look for energy-focused changes to help you reduce energy usage for your kitchen and laundry appliances.
- Home Improvement: We’ll give you some simple tips to help you improve the beauty and efficiency of your home.
Experience the Constellation Home Service Advantage:
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
- Over 400 Professional, Certified Technicians, Electricians and Plumbers
- Fast, Reliable Repairs
- Dependable Service on All Major Brands
- 24/7 Emergency Service Available