Why is it that our heating and cooling systems seem to break down on the hottest or coldest days of the year? Constellation Home professionals understand the unique challenges that come with boilers, air conditioning units, furnaces and heat pumps. We have decades of experience making prompt, reliable repairs and installations. So, if you find that you need expert service, we’re here for you. But how do you know when it’s time to call a technician?
Here are some simple steps to help you determine the best way to fix some common HVAC problems.
- Troubleshoot the Problem. If your furnace or air conditioner stops working, the solution is often very simple. First, check your owner’s manual troubleshooting section. If you no longer have your owner’s manual, check the manufacturer’s website, or try www.consumerreports.com.
- Follow the Manufacturer’s Recommendations. If your problem matches one in the HVAC product’s troubleshooting guide, and you feel confident with the task, follow the recommended procedures.
- Call a Service Professional. If the task is out of your comfort zone, contact an HVAC professional to make the repair. A new HVAC system could cost thousands of dollars, so spending around $100 to get a professional diagnosis and accurate estimate can save you money.
Constellation Home can quickly identify your HVAC issues and get your system running again. For additional information, check out the following sources.
HVAC System Problems
At Constellation Home, we’ve been repairing HVAC systems for decades, so we’ve seen it all. No matter what the issue, we’re the experts to call first. We’ll get your system up and running again promptly and professionally. We’ve listed the most common causes of breakdowns below.
Typical Heating System Problems
There are lots of telltale signs that your heating system may have problems. If your furnace or boiler is making odd noises or there’s no heat coming out, call a local Constellation Home heating professional right away. Most heating repairs are not DIY projects, especially if you don’t have the correct tools or knowledge. Here are some common reasons your heating unit may be faltering:
- Clogged air filters
- Duct blockages
- Water leaks
- Rusted boilers
- Thermostat problems
- Electrical outages
Typical Cooling System Problems
Over time, air conditioners begin to work less efficiently. Have you noticed that it takes longer to cool your home than it used to? Don’t get frustrated; get Constellation Home. We know there are lots of reasons why your AC system may not be functioning properly, including:
- Clogged air filters
- A dirty or broken compressor
- Duct leaks
- Faulty fans
- Frozen evaporator coils
- Problems with the gas line