Purchasing a new replacement entry door is an investment that can instantly improve the beauty, value and comfort of your home. When purchasing new doors for your home there are many factors to consider, such as the construction quality, style choices, energy efficiency options, and whether the door is custom-built for your home.
Construction of Replacement Entry Doors
New doors should be constructed of durable, high quality materials that allow for a long service life. Consider some of the following factors when looking for a new door:
- Superior materials for durability
- Hardwood frames for structural integrity
- Solid hardware for lasting beauty and security
- Energy-efficient glass options
- Security features for peace of mind
Every door in your home has a unique size and shape, so it is important that each door is individually measured and custom-made to ensure the perfect fit. Professionally-made doors use superior materials and workmanship to ensure exceptional quality and durability. A professional-class door will be customized to the exact measurements of your entry way, guaranteeing a precise fit, improved security and energy-efficiency.
Energy Efficiency of Replacement Entry Doors
Energy efficiency is a very important consideration when reviewing your replacement entry door options. Below are some factors that affect the efficiency of new replacement entry doors:
- Foam-insulated core to reduce energy loss.
- Warm edge glass glazing system to improve thermal performance.
- Window trim that prevents the transfer of heat, even in high temperature areas.
- Energy efficient weather stripping that lines the top and sides of the door to keep moisture, air and dirt outside of your home.