Electric vehicles are becoming more popular every year. Unfortunately, charging them is sometimes difficult, as available charging stations can be few and far between. With the demand for electric cars increasing, home charging stations are rapidly becoming a must-have.
Constellation Home offers electrical vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) installation that will make charging your vehicle safer, more convenient and more efficient. Our certified technicians make sure that your electric vehicle charger is the perfect match for your home. Now you can rest assured that your car’s battery will be fully charged every morning.
The Difference Between Level 1 and Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charger
Level 1 chargers are the most basic chargers. The only equipment you need is a standard 120-volt (V) AC plug. Level 1 equipment generates an approximate charge of 124 miles in 20 hours. If you don’t drive long distances and have 20 hours to charge your car, you may be able to last a day or two on a single charge. But if you have a long commute or drive more frequently, this simply won’t cut it.
Level 2 chargers require your home to be outfitted with a 240-volt outlet. But once installed, they provide an estimated three to seven times faster charge with about 10 to 60 miles of range added to your vehicle’s charge per hour charged. With level 2 charging equipment, you can confidently take on an entire day’s worth of driving without having to use a public charge station.
Home EVSE Installation From Constellation Home
You can trust Constellation Home technicians to install your EVSE quickly and professionally. And you’ll know that you are getting the proper installation equipment for your home.
- Constellation Home will make sure that the charger installed is compatible with your home
- Constellation Home covers the installation of your EVSE for a year
- We do the paperwork for you. Constellation Home will pull all the permits and inspections needed for the installation.
Home EVSE Installation Process
Installing your EVSE is quick and easy.
- Schedule an appointment with Constellation Home and a certified electrician will inspect your home’s electrical system.
- Based on your home’s electrical availability, our technician will recommend the right level 2 charger. While your parts are being ordered, Constellation Home will pull all necessary permits and schedule an EVSE inspection for after the installation.
- After your new electrical vehicle supply parts are ordered, a Constellation Home technician will return to your home and install your new supply equipment. Once the charger is installed, your inspection will take place.