Insulation is a key factor when trying to get the most out of your energy dollars. By properly insulating and air sealing your home, you can save up to 20% on heating and cooling costs (or up to 10% on total annual energy usage)*. As you begin to review attic insulation solutions, there are a variety of factors to consider:
- Where will the insulation be installed?
- How accessible is the insulation area?
- What is the level and effectiveness of the existing insulation?
- How will the insulation be installed?
- How much insulation is required?
- What type of insulation will be installed?
- How to find and seal any air penetrations?
*Source: ENERGY STAR®
Photo: ©Knauf Insulation