Our team of certified installation professionals specializes in installing energy-efficient heating and air conditioning equipment for residential customers. We follow strict installation guidelines that ensure a hassle-free installation. We handle the installation process from start to finish, from design to performance testing for maximum energy efficiency. Constellation Home is a leader in heating, air conditioning and water heater installations because we offer expert services and a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
After working with you to select the heating and cooling system or water heater that’s right for your home, we take care of your installation from start to finish:
- Obtain all required permits
- Deliver and install your new heating or cooling system
- Provide instruction on how the equipment operates
- Clean the work area around the heating or cooling system
- Haul away the old heating or cooling system
Our process ensures a seamless installation and your peace of mind. For help determining what kind of heating or cooling system or water heater is right for you, contact us. Our Energy & Comfort Consultants will contact you shortly to schedule your free in-home installation estimate.
What to Expect On Your Installation Day
Our goal is to provide an enjoyable installation experience. The first step to a safe and sound installation is keeping you informed. Here is an overview of what you can expect on installation day.
- We Call You: On your installation day, our team will notify you 30-60 minutes prior to their arrival.
- Pre-Install Review: Before the installation begins, our team lead will provide an overview of the job and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- Installation Preparation: To keep the installation space clean and tidy, our team will cover the work area with drop cloths. We’ll also relocate any obstacles for the safety of you and our installation team. (Preparations may be completed prior to the installation day in the case of asbestos or hazardous materials.)
- Turn Off the Power: Electrical breakers that power any existing HVAC systems are shut off.
- Refrigerant Removal: When installing air conditioning equipment, we act in accordance with state and EPA guidelines and remove refrigerant in your current cooling system. We then dispose of it appropriately.
- Equipment Removal: After safety precautions are completed, old equipment is disconnected and removed.
- Site Preparation: The site is cleaned and prepared for installation.
- Equipment Installation: After safely moving the new equipment to the appropriate location, we will set it in place, connect it to existing ductwork and wire it accordingly. To ensure load capacity, emergency disconnect boxes will be installed at each unit and electrical fuses are upgraded.
- Equipment Pressurization: The system is pressurized and various functions are tested. This ensures that your system works correctly and there are no leaks.
- Refrigerant Charging: If an air conditioner was installed and the equipment passes the pressurization test, it will be charged with environmentally-friendly refrigerant.
- Thermostat Installation: We will mount and calibrate your chosen thermostat to ensure it works correctly.
- Accessory Installation: Any accessories for your new system, like a whole-house humidifier or whole-house air cleaner, will be installed and tested.
- System Startup: We will run the new system for a period of time to confirm that the equipment is operating correctly. Our team will also check that appropriate compressor amps are drawing and that the refrigerant is correctly charged.
- Installation is Complete: After a successful system start-up, installation is complete. We will clean up the workspace, clear away drop cloths and make sure the area around the new system is tidy.
- Post-Install Review: Our lead installer will give you a walkthrough to demonstrate how to operate your new heating or cooling system and answer any questions you may have about the installation process and your new equipment.
- Final Paperwork: After all your questions have been answered and you are confident operating your new system, our lead installer will review all associated paperwork and warranty information.
- Installation Inspection: After all paperwork is completed, the lead installer will request a date to schedule an inspection with your local jurisdiction. The inspectors will review our work and confirm that everything meets local and state codes.
How to Prepare for Your Installation Day
Getting a new heating and air conditioning system or water heater is exciting, and when you’re working with an experienced company like Constellation Home, the experience can be easy and seamless. To help us meet your expectations and streamline the installation process, consider preparing for your installation day by doing the following:
- Remove any obstructions around the air conditioner, furnace, heat pump, boiler or water heater
- Close all air vents throughout the home (on day of installation)
- Ensure all areas of your home are accessible to our team